Miami Car Accident Attorney
Comprehensive & Client-Focused Legal Representation
Statistics from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles show that Miami-Dade County has the highest number of motor vehicle crashes in the state. There are more than 63,000 crashes a year, and tens of thousands of related injuries.
At Julian Rudolph Law, our Miami car accident lawyer represents the innocent victims of car accidents caused by others’ negligence. We proudly provide skilled legal representation for our clients who are paying the price for someone else’s mistake.
If you were injured in a car accident, call (305) 306-1968 to schedule a free consultation.
Car Accident Laws in Florida
Florida is one of a handful of states that follows a "no-fault" system in regards to car accidents. Under this type of system, each involved driver's insurance company pays for their own expenses regardless of who actually caused the crash. Under state law, drivers in Florida are required to carry a minimum of $10,000 of Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage and $10,000 of Property Damage Liability (PDL) coverage. PIP covers non-property related costs such as medical expenses and lost wages, while PDL covers damage to your vehicle and other personal property. If you suffer severe injuries or damages that exceed what your insurance policy covers, you may then pursue additional compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the other driver.
Generally speaking, injured parties may only step outside the no-fault system and sue another driver directly for damages if:
- They suffer significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- They suffer a permanent injury with a reasonable degree of medical probability
- They suffer significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement
- A family member is killed in the collision
Compensation for Severe Injuries
While many car accidents are minor and leave drivers without so much as a scratch, some are much more serious. Injuries can range from scrapes, bruises, and sprains to permanent disfigurement. When an accident causes a serious injury, the responsible driver may be held liable for your injuries.
You may also be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Other economic damages
Don’t let concerns about money stop you from seeking legal advice. At Julian Rudolph Law we offer high-quality legal representation with lower attorney fees than most other law firms. Our team works on a contingency fee basis, so you will never pay a fee for legal services unless we recover compensation for you.
Types of Car Accidents
There are a nearly infinite number of factors that can be involved in a car accident, therefore every accident will be different in both its causes and its effects. With that being said, most car accidents can be classified into the following types.
- Rear-end accidents: Exactly as it sounds, a rear-end accident is one that involves the front end of one vehicle colliding with the back of another. These types of crashes are almost always the fault of the rear car and can be attributed to negligent acts such as following too closely, speeding, or driving while distracted.
- Drunk driving accidents: According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), each day 29 people in the United States are killed in motor vehicle crashes involving an alcohol-impaired driver. This translates to approximately one drunk driving-related death every 50 minutes. Driving while impaired is extremely dangerous and can expose a person to both civil and criminal liability in the event of a collision.
- Distracted driving accidents: The CDC also reports that approximately 9 people each day are killed in motor vehicle accidents involving a distracted driver. From texting while driving to eating or adjusting a radio, driver distraction is a growing problem responsible for billions of dollars of damages each year.
- Uber & Lyft accidents: Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft have taken the transportation industry by storm since their introduction, though this shift has also introduced complex legal questions in regards to car accident liability. The increase in rideshare popularity has also corresponded to an increase in traffic deaths, with one study connecting Uber and Lyft to as many as 1,100 traffic fatalities per year.
- Speeding: Speed limits are put in place to save lives. According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), speeding has been connected to roughly one third of all motor vehicle fatalities for more than two decades.
Florida Car Accident Statute of Limitations
It is important to know that even if your injuries qualify as severe under Florida law, you only have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires. A "statute of limitations" is a law or set of laws that sets a hard deadline for a plaintiff's right to file a lawsuit. In Florida, the statute of limitations for filing a car accident lawsuit is four years from the date of the collision in question.
If you attempt to sue after this deadline expires, your case will almost certainly be dismissed in court. If you are considering filing a car accident lawsuit, it is important to act fast and retain the services of a skilled attorney as soon as possible to ensure your compliance with all deadlines.
Ways Our Miami Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
The last thing you need after being injured in a car accident is to be stonewalled by uncooperative insurance companies during your recovery. You have already been the victim once; without a skilled attorney by your side, you very well could be the victim twice. It is important to ensure your rights are protected and retain powerful legal representation to maximize your chances of securing the compensation you deserve.
Miami car accident attorney Julian Rudolph can bring the following services and benefits to your case:
- Assistance getting you the medical treatments you need, when you need it
- Objective perspective and clarity during this emotional time
- Reduced stress so you can focus on your recovery with peace of mind
- Thorough investigation of all evidence relevant to your crash, including eyewitness testimony, police reports, accident scene photographs, cell phone records, and vehicle "black box" data
- In-depth knowledge of insurance law and effective ways to counter insurance company tactics
- Insightful advice regarding your legal options and the most appropriate course of action
- Powerful negotiation skills to maximize your eligible insurance settlement
- Strong courtroom representation if litigation is necessary
See If You Have a Valid Claim
If you were injured in a car accident, you may be wondering if you have a claim worth pursuing. Our car accident attorney in Miami can evaluate your case during a free consultation to determine if you have a case. We gather evidence from police reports, eyewitness statements, the accident scene, and your medical records to pursue compensation for your injuries.
We were made to feel like family.- Eddie A.
Julian is a very honest and straightforward guy. I would recommend him anytime.- Noel N.
Before you hire an attorney read this!- RG
To say that we were satisfied with Attorney Rudolph’s services is an understatement.- Ruth M.
He dropped the standard 33% fee to 25%. I would definitely recommend him!- Steven B.